SEO Executive in Wakefield, WF4 area for a large blinds company. The role will include working with the Marketing Manager to devise and implement the company’s SEO strategy across a portfolio of multiple retail ecommerce websites, plus a B2B trade website. A growing team with lots of progression opportunities.
Hybrid role- 3 days on-site as per postcode- 2 days from home
Flexi time-as long as they are in the office for core hours-10-2 pm-can work either side considering the core hours
The SEO Executive role will include working with the Marketing Manager and in partnership with the Marketing Executive – Content and Outreach to devise and implement the company’s SEO strategy across a portfolio of multiple retail ecommerce websites, plus a B2B trade website.
- Develop and execute content and keyword strategies and campaigns that yield tangible improvements in organic rankings.
- Create and implement a comprehensive strategy that considers user experience holistically, focusing on optimising our website’s form, function, and overall design to maximise conversions.
- Skill fully develop and optimise the internal linking strategy within websites, ensuring it enhances user experience and does not adversely affect ecommerce conversion rate performance.
- Working with the Marketing Executive – Content and Outreach to devise and implement link building strategies and tactics.
- Ensuring any activity is white hat and strictly abides by Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and takes an ethical approach to earn top-ranking positions.
- A strong focus on optimising for human audiences as a long-term approach to earn sustained visibility on the search engines.
- Monitoring and reporting activities/campaign performance and adapting strategy based on success or otherwise.
- Developing and implementing SEO strategy that supports the company objectives for brand search growth.
- Developing and implementing SEO strategy that supports the company objectives for SERPs page one combined market share for portfolio of brands.
- In addition to a well-defined content strategy, the ideal candidate should possess a solid grasp of technical SEO and the ability to identify and liaise with the web team to prioritise solutions for any related issues.
- Developing suitable KPIs and maintaining MI for the organic channel across the portfolio of company websites for desktop and mobile, providing management with weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting including competitor analysis and making recommendations on both a tactical and strategic level.
- Effectively developing and managing projects through from concept to completion, providing progress to plan updates to management.
- Staying up to date and familiar with the latest developments and best practises relating to digital marketing and specifically search. Subsequently making recommendations and presenting business cases to gain stakeholder buy-in and secure budgets where applicable.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- At least 12 months experience working for fast paced B2C ecommerce based similar businesses or potentially a digital marketing agency
- Proven SEO expertise through demonstrable results (improved rankings and CTRs) as a result of self-delivered initiatives
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to sustain expected levels of performance against challenging deadlines within a fast-paced environment where it can be necessary for priorities to be fluid and reactive
- Ability to work on own initiative
- as well as being a team player with a collaborative approach who is both engaging and articulate
- Pro-active and confident dealing with people. Interacting well at all levels with strong written and oral communication skills including video calls and office-based meetings
- High level of attention to detail that delivers both accuracy and quality when completing tasks and monitoring quality of work
- Social media savvy
- Familiar with CRM systems and have knowledge of WordPress Adobe Photoshop and social media platforms
- Familiar and have knowledge of SEO tools including but not restricted to Google Analytics (GA4)
- SEMrush/Ahrefs/ MOZ/Hot Jar/ Screaming Frog/Search Console Working knowledge of paid search and ability to review paid search and use it to complement SEO activity
- Experience of consumer database marketing on a large scale (100
- 000+) would be advantageous as would working with external digital marketing agencies particularly on SEO
- Respectful and supportive towards line management and other key stakeholders processing a positive ‘can do’ attitude with ability to roll sleeves up and get hands dirty when necessary
- To be confident resilient and enjoy a varied & challenging role
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing from a professionally accredited course or equivalent experience
- Be able to easily commute by car
- Hybrid Working – 3 days in office, 2 work from home
- Flexi time
- Career progression
- Free Parking