6x Senior Engineers with a Mechanical Engineering background wanted wanted in locations: Bristol, Plymouth, Burrow on Furness or Glasgow. The client is a safety consultancy that specialise in MOD Nuclear Maritime projects (Defence Maritime sector, Nuclear Submarines). Hybrid working but must be within commutable distance to one of these locations. Four day working weeks, Monday to Thursday and flexible hours, 40 hour week. Salary up to £65k, Healthcare, Pension, Holidays, Gym.
Demonstrable domain knowledge of Propulsion/ Generation or Auxiliary systems; Hull design; Naval Architecture and/or Integrated Platform Management Systems in the submarine or surface ship domains
- Demonstrable Systems Engineering competence in the development/integration/ and support of new capability into extant systems
- Experience of developing and managing Operating Documentation/ Training Materials/ Standards and Qualifications
- Experience in Platform/ Systems and Equipment Maintenance; Support; and Through-Life Capability Management
- Experience in developing and managing User and System Requirements within a Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) environment
- Experience of civil nuclear; Programme and project management skill within a recognised framework; such as PRINCE2; P3M or Agile; including anticipation; identification; and management of Risk
- Strong organisational and planning skills- with a structured approach to your work
- Experience of working independently and a willingness to take ownership of the task
- Drive to complete work on time – within budget and to a high quality
- Professional attitude and outlook when dealing with clients/ stakeholders and 3rd party organisations
- Excellent interpersonal and team behaviours- that are customer focussed
- Innovation and challenge- offering new ideas to solve established problems- improve processes and optimise output delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- with the ability to simplify complex ideas and focus on the key issues.
Location- Hybrid working and flexible to travel to 3 locations mentioned- Bristol, Plymouth or Burrow on Furness or Glasgow.
Travel and accommodation to sites are expensed.
40 hours a week- flexible on hours/days- can work 40 hours mon-thurs and off fri,sat and sun.
Must be STEM qualified with a Degree or equivalent qualification.
We are looking for resources with experience in the Defence Maritime sector with specific reference to nuclear powered submarines.
Experience in the Royal Navy is very helpful but is not essential provided individuals have experience in other areas of the submarine enterprise.
Candidates should have experience and qualifications in engineering and for a Senior Engineer role we would normally expect a candidate to be Incorporated with a professional institute.
To augment our Consulting Team, we are looking for Systems Engineering Consultants at a range of grades, with a specialist background in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Systems and Operations, Ship/Submarine Systems, or Naval Architecture. Ideally, you will have gained experience in the HM Forces or a defence-related sector, and be accomplished in managing projects, systems and people delivering critical outputs to UK Defence.
You may have, or be working towards, a professional qualification in Engineering, Programme or Project Management; Environment, Health and Safety Management; Obsolescence and Through-Life Capability Management, and/or Quality Management and Auditing.
You will be a UK National and have, or be willing to undergo, Security Clearance to SC.
Providing independent technical, safety and risk management services to a number of highly regulated environments including nuclear, defence, industry, aviation and rail. Background includes management and operation of surface combatant vessels, nuclear submarines and reactor plants, military aircraft, Strategic and Tactical Weapons Systems (TWS/SWS), submarine and surface ship Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) and project management in major Defence and civil projects as well as resolution of significant technical challenges.