Position: Production Manager
Employment: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Shrewsbury or London
Overview: Permanent position available within a leading events production company who work with some of the biggest brands in the world to deliver brand activations, festivals and experiential events! From the initial creative concept through to production and execution we are proud to work with our clients from start to finish on experiential projects.
A UK based company with offices and warehousing in London, Shrewsbury, Glasgow, and Oxford. Looking for a technically minded and detail oriented Production Manager to operate from the offices in Shrewsbury or London, who will act as the key point of contact for clients and internal business units. Leading on projects from start to finish ensuring that it meets client briefs, delivered on schedule, produced on budget and exceeding client expectations. As a Production Manager you will be working both alone and as part of a team to help produce and execute an exciting portfolio of projects and activations with a range of industry leading clients across the Technology, Fashion and Drinks sectors. Working alongside the client teams, you will need to ensure everything is in place for the successful delivery of the live project, the install, the running of the live event and the de-rig. You will also be responsible for the wrapping up of the project including budget reconciliation, internal and external debriefs and production of post event case studies. This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. It is a fast paced and energised environment which relies on organisation and efficiency.
The role provides a varied work day that includes:
● Working with internal business teams to manage live and experiential marketing based design and build projects.
● Preferred technical design and drafting skills working alongside an internal creative 2D and 3D team.
● Creating and implementing production and build schedules
● Managing internal teams and third party suppliers
● Producing project status reports
● Planning, managing and overseeing technical and scenic installations at events taking responsibility for their implementation on site and subsequent safe removal.
● Advising in house Account Managers on more complex technical elements of live events
● Engaging in client and project development processes via account teams and inputting towards pitches and proposals for new business.
● Contributing to estimates, quotes and project specifications.
● Helping to calculate and plan crew and logistics in conjunction with the internal Transport and Logistics team, including technical crew, local crew, teams, and vehicles
● Producing health and safety documentation using industry software
● Provide staff training as appropriate to strengthen self-sufficiency
Successful candidates will have a strong background in an onsite project management role (ideally in the world of events) with 5+ years experience and be comfortable with working remotely and on site. They must have a methodical, thorough and focused approach to detail and understand how to deliver world class environments and installations. You will be working with a variety of people across a variety of projects and must have great organisational and interpersonal skills to build relationships with suppliers, contractors and colleagues alike. My client relies on numerous cloud based IT platforms to streamline processes and communication across departments and clients, therefore a good grasp of IT and a self-starter type of attitude is preferred.
● 5+ Years of event production / project management
● An understanding of key project management elements across a variety of event sectors with focus on temporary structures and the accompanying production overlays (scenic, sound, rigging, light, video, power, logistics)
● Knowledge of the production process and resource/timelines needed to realise production requirements.
● Solid site management experience and knowledge of building processes, equipment and tooling requirements
● Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
● Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
● Articulate and well accustomed to a client facing role
● Level-headed creative and technical problem-solver
● Confident IT skills (Google suite use preferable)
● Knowledge of H&S and licensing regulations
● Management of advancing documentation (RAMS, H+S etc)
● Budget and financial planning capabilities
● A good level of commercial awareness
● Ability to multitask, prioritise and organise workload
● Reliability and dependability
● Flexible approach to working hours
● Self-motivated, upbeat and energised
● Full driving licence
● Ability to create / read / interpret drawings from Sketchup, Vectorworks, AutoCAD
● Plant tickets – Forklift, picker, telehandler
● Any industry standard qualifications (plant tickets, H&S, first aid etc)