Permanent position available within an exciting and rapidly growing events, design, fabrication, and logistics company, with a range of world renowned clients including Red Bull, ASOS, Fever Tree, Bacardi Group and many more.
Position: Horticultural Assistant
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Shropshire, SY10
Hours: 45 hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 18:00pm, 30 minutes unpaid break)
A UK based company with offices and warehousing in London, Shrewsbury, Glasgow, and Oxford. Looking for an experienced Horticultural Assistant to operate from our Central Warehouse in Knockin (Oswestry).
As a Horticultural Assistant you will be working both alone and as part of a team to onboard, care for and maintain stock of our plants in the on site Poly Tunnel. You will be responsible for general site landscaping and upkeep and on occasion be required to assist with general logistics tasks including loading and unloading of trucks and general warehouse work. This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who not only enjoy working systematically and productively but have a passion for plants, propagation and botany as a whole. It is a fast paced and energised environment which relies on organisation and efficiency. The Horticultural Assistant will be directly reporting into our Hire Department. Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
● Monitor and maintain plant health of all plants and assets within the Poly Tunnel, offices and across our Knockin site.
● Apply pesticides and fertilisers to plants.
● Select and purchase seeds, plant nutrients, disease control chemicals, and garden and lawn care equipment.
● Onboard Poly Tunnel stock and assets onto the IT system.
● Propagation of plant assets.
● Ensuring all Poly Tunnel stock controls are up to date.
● Reporting shortages, damages, and incorrect stock.
● Ensure all on site pathways and walking areas are maintained, kept clean and tidy, and are free from slip and trip hazards.
● Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of disrepair, and perform necessary maintenance work.
● Communicate with relevant departments and project managers.
● Adhere to equipment safety procedures, safe methods of work and PPE requirements.
● Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
● Assisting with other general warehouse tasks when required.
● Be flexible to alter shifts where applicable and attend weekend stock counts if required.
Successful candidates will be joining an ever expanding core team of 40+ full time employees – we welcome enthusiastic and driven applicants.
We rely on numerous cloud based IT platforms to streamline processes and communication across departments and clients, therefore a good grasp of IT and a self-starter type of attitude is preferred.
● An in-depth understanding and experience in plant care, health and maintenance.
● Experience in stock control
● Ability to learn new systems and changes to processes
● Proactive in improving current processes
● Fully PC literate across different platforms (Google suite and/or experience using Current RMS is desirable)
● A ‘can do’ attitude and solution oriented mindset
● Physical stamina and dexterity
● Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
● Ability to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
● Ability to multitask, prioritise and organise workload
● Reliability and dependability
● Full driving licence
● Qualification(s) in Horticultural Skills at Diploma level or equivalent
● Plant tickets – Forklift (Reach, Counterbalance or Telescopic Handler)
● Knowledge and use of Current RMS
● Any industry standard qualifications (H&S, first aid etc)
● Discretionary bonus
● Comprehensive Private Health cover with WPA after 3 month probation. Possibility of adding family members at discounted premiums
● Pension contributions
● Training as required as part of company training schemes
● Shared use of company pool vehicles when on jobs and at work
● Issue of company uniform and clothing
● Overtime pay provided at time and a half of the hourly rate.