Position: Fabrication Manager
Employment: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Overview: Permanent position available within an exciting and rapidly growing events, design, fabrication, and logistics company, with a range of world renowned clients including Red Bull, ASOS, Fever Tree, Bacardi Group and many more.
A UK based company with offices, workshop and warehousing in London, Shrewsbury and Scotland. Looking for a detail oriented Fabrication/Workshop Manager to operate from the central facility in Shrewsbury. The candidate will act as the key point of contact in the Fabrication Department.
The job role requires effective leadership & co-ordination of a diverse set of workshop facilities (joinery, metal, graphics, finishing) and staff (operatives, project managers) essential for the delivery of an exciting portfolio of projects and activations with a range of industry leading clients across the Technology, Fashion and Drinks sectors. You will work with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. It is a fast paced and energised environment which relies on organisation and efficiency.
The role will require:
● Leading a team of fabrication project managers and operatives
● Ensuring departmental systems and procedures are maintained, developed and followed including stock management, estimating, budgeting and scheduling.
● Acting a point of contact for all internal business units ensuring that projects are scheduled on time and correspond with other internal business units – logistics, technical production, warehouse, hire, client teams.
● Prepare, plan and manage the workshop productivity and objectives
● Working with the senior teams to provide project management and operations support
● Developing production schedules ahead of project kick-off
● Handling scheduling and organisational software
● Lead & sustain continued workshop compliance and management systems
● Lead the development, monitoring and leveraging of KPIs to demonstrate, manage and continually improve team performance
● Ensure workshop team capability meets area technical requirements including leading recruitment strategies and managing training & development for experienced associates, new hires and apprentices
● Leadership of local fabrication services, stock management and stores process support.
● Drive rigorous H&S including safety audits, accident investigation processes and effective risk management.
My client relies on numerous cloud based IT platforms to streamline processes and communication across departments and clients, therefore a good grasp of IT and a self-starter type of attitude is preferred.
Successful candidates will have substantial history in leading a workshop/fabrication environment. A minimum of 5 years experience in building and fabrication using a variety of materials, skills and tools. The idea candidate will be enthused about an ambitious growth strategy and opportunity to grow within the wider business. You will be working with a variety of people across a variety of projects and must have great
organisational and interpersonal skills to build relationships with suppliers, contractors and colleagues alike. We have an energetic team and applicants should enjoy working in a varied and fast paced environment.
● Significant experience in a supervisory or group leader role
● Extensive experience and knowledge of workshop processes, equipment and tooling used within the respective area
● Excellent verbal and written communication, with ability to communicate with & influence stakeholders at all levels
● Level-headed and diplomatic problem-solver
● Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
● Excellent communication skills
● Confident IT skills (Google suite use preferable)
● Ability to multitask, prioritise and organise workload
● Reliability and dependability
● A good level of commercial awareness
● Flexible and willing take on a variety of tasks
● Full driving licence
● 5 years experience
● Relevant degree or supervisory/management qualification
● An understanding of key project management elements across a variety of event sectors (live, experiential, set, sound, rigging, light, power, logistics)
● Knowledge and use of CAD software (Sketchup, Vectorworks, AdobeSuite)
● Plant tickets – Forklift, picker, telehandler
● Any industry standard qualifications (plant tickets, H&S, first aid etc) Benefits
● Discretionary bonus
● Comprehensive Private Health cover with WPA after 3 month probation. Possibility of adding family members at discounted premiums
● Pension contributions
● Training as required as part of company training schemes
● Issue of company uniform and clothing
● Overtime pay provided at time and a half of the hourly rate.