Recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work from the design stage and coordination stage of an exciting newly awarded Hyperscale Data Centre in London for a large MEP contractor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the Engineering Manager to achieve project deliverables
- Prepare and Submit Technical Submittals for approval.
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, specialist designers, manufacturers, etc. with respect to the specification, validation and value Engineering of products and equipment to be supplied to the project.
- Assist with Project Engineering and Design Development.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with clients other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Assist with Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Assist with services co-ordination exercises and solve co-ordination issues.
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, marketing and construction teams.
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 7 years experience in a similar role
- Datacentre experience is essential
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services.
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management.
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.